Last March, Furuise attended together with representatives of all Iberian companies related to the LNG-CNG sector, to the Gasnam Congress.
It was an occasion to update us all, documenting us in the advances and projections of our sector.
The presentations were high level and it is not easy to summarize the whole compendium of knowledge exhibited in a few lines. Even so under our point of view, the data we most value from those exposed are:
– Inland Sector:
- Implantation of 21 new CNG stations in 2017, expanding up to 80 existing ones in the Spanish-Portuguese territory, with a forecast of reaching 110 by the end of 2018. From Furuise we have contributed to this sector the best technical solution to store LNG with the lower level of boil-off equipment provided on the market.
- Implementation of environmental measures that will promote VNG as an immediate solution, to reduce drastically particles and NOx in the cities.
- Early stages of biogas, which in the not too distant future will require our collaboration in providing mini liquefaction plants in order to be able to use such biogas in vehicular use.
– Maritime sector:
- The first TTS bunker operations have succeeded thanks to the high expertise of the Hispanic LNG sector.
- Bunkering’s 2 initial projects “Ship to Ship” allocates Spain as the European leader in this sector, together with the Nordic countries. Here Furuise makes its contribution being a world reference company, having 30% worldwide penetration in this technological sector.
- 99 marine vessels already operate worldwide with LNG and other 93 are in progress. Furuise with 40% of this sector is also exhibited as a world reference.
The 2 years until the next congress are expected to be very interesting. From Furuise we will be there supporting our clients.